5.16.2017

The Power of Focus



Keeping focused is sometimes hard. Things get in the way, and we lose sight of what's most important. We trip, we fall, we feel like failures and it's hard to get back up. It's a vicious life cycle of fall down, stay down for a while and then eventually getting back up.

But what we were so focused on the things of the future and on God, that we were able to bounce back quickly?



I don't bounce quickly. When an obstacle gets in my way, it's way too easy to start to get depressed. I'm trying, I'm learning how to get back up when something gets me down. Finding the beauty in the small and mundane is the hardest thing for me. I see the world in black and white and I'm most definitely not a sentimental person. So as you can imagine, finding joy in the storm, happiness in the moment, and smiles amidst the tears is hard for me. So I'm learning.

I'm a very focused person, however. I have dreams, I have goals, and I have a plan for my future. There's be rerouting, road bumps and a few detours along the way, but I'm slowly making my way to becoming what God has in store for me.

So, I understand. I get how hard it can be to stay focused. I know how hard it is to get back up after a fall. I relate to ours plans falling in tiny pieces and the feeling of being a failure.

But we don't have to stay down. We don't have to lose focus.

You Have a Future

God didn't bring you this far in life to fail. God didn't place you in the position that you're in right now for you to stay down. God always has a plan. and it's not our job to know step by step what that is. But we can be assured, we are not alone. YOU are not alone. 

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Honestly, I'm not sure why sometimes we just don't understand this. It's WAY too easy to take things into our own hands. Trust me, I'm guilty of this. I like things to be a certain way. But there's a future for you. Don't lose focus. 

You Impact Other's Futures

How many look up to you? How many people rise again and again because they see you rise again and again? How many times have you missed an opportunity to encourage someone else in the Lord, but you couldn't at that moment, because you didn't feel encouraged? 

YOU impact lives. It's YOU that is the role model for the younger generation, for your friends, or for your family. There's so much good we could do in the world if only we got back up. If only we stayed in focus. 

Be Different

You don't have to be like everyone else. It's not worth it. Keep your individuality. Keep your personality. Because when you start to lose focus on what's truly important, when you start to slip away, you start to lose yourself. Don't lose who you are in Christ. Don't lose who you are as a human being. Dare to stand up. Dare to be different. Dare to be light to the world, darling. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top