3.27.2018

Living Aesthetically: New Path


I took a break from anything writing. It consumed my life during high school. Novels, poetry, forums, blog posts... It was almost all I ever did besides school. I still absolutely adore writing, and someday I would love to get a novel published. But it's been almost a year since I've touched any of my novels, and only occasionally do I write poetry. The inspiration and aspirations turned into something that was hard to find. And I found some purpose -- some solace -- in knowing what I wanted to do with my life. And it is indeed somewhat disappointing that my path didn't lead me to only writing novels, but in the end, I know exactly what I want to do with my life, and I'm excited and at peace with it. I know in my heart what God wants me to do right now, and I know I want to pursue it with passion and drive.



Deep down inside, I knew I always wanted to be a doctor, but didn't think I would be able to pursue it. It's a lot of years and a lot of dedication and money -- gosh, so much money. I jumped around in high school, saying I wanted to do things like be a police officer (schooling is only like 2 years for that), going into the military (which I would never be good at), an English major so I could possibly make money off being a writer, and the list goes on. At some point I decided to pursue nursing, but I knew it wasn't exactly where I was supposed to end up in the end.

 And there's nothing wrong with the above careers. EVERY career is meaningful, is needed, is purposeful. But when I finally saw what being a doctor was like, when I finally (after a lot of prayer, talks with my parents {who are so supportive, btw} and research) came to the conclusion that I wanted to be a physician someday, I set out to make that dream a reality.

It's been two years (in May) since I've graduated high school. I did a year of college in Arkansas at a Bible college, and I learned a lot, I grew. And then during this past year, I've applied to college, I've been accepted for the Fall of 2018, and I've had the wonderful opportunity to work as a CNA. I've already learned some about medicine, I've watched the nurses, I've watched the doctors, I've had conversations with doctors about what I want to be "when I grow up". Everyone has been so encouraging.

So this August, I'm packing my bags and I'm moving to Florida, knowing it's exactly where I'm supposed to go, knowing I'm going to be studying exactly what I am supposed to study. There's a peace in knowing it's where God wants me. There's a peace in knowing I'm currently following His will. The journey will be the hardest thing I've ever done, and I know it will just keep getting harder, but the end results... it thrills my heart and soul to know I'm headed to a good spot.

So I would love to keep blogging, updating people on my stages in this 8 year journey to being a physician. I will do my best to write more, because writing was my first love. And most of all, I will be looking for the beauty in the hardships, finding grace in the most difficult of times, and being a Godly example to everyone around me. Because living aesthetically is not about what we wear, but it's about showing the art work inside each and every one of us.

With Love,
Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top