12.25.2016

nouveau départ -- hello and goodbye

Spiratic blog posts. Zero time writing. All time dedicated to school. Ugh. It's been a while. Hello my few faithful followers. I had every intention of making it through the semester and still posting. Yay for college, right?



Nouveau départ is French and literally translates to "fresh start". Each year we are given a fresh start; a clean slate of sorts. As the New Year approaches, each and every one of us look back and reflect on the good and bad things that have happened.


I was hoping so bad for 2016 to be my year. I was going to do it. I graduated highschool, successfully held my first full time job, and then I went off to college. I figured out quick that 2016 was NOT my year. In all reality, I couldn't care any less if this entire year was erased from my memory. But then again, if I really think about it, I also really enjoyed this year. I've met SO many great people. I've been through some of the toughest times in my life thus far this year that I hope have made me just a little bit stronger in my Faith. I made a move many, many miles from my parents (that was the worst). I flew by myself for the first time to Kansas to attend a brilliant event. And then in the last four months, I've had the opportunity to travel to eight different states, make new friendships and find out what being an adult really means (and I'm still learning all that...)

So I'm saying goodbye. Goodbye to all the bad things that happened to make this year crappy. Saying goodbye to all the negative thoughts I've had this year. Saying goodbye to all the lost time that I could have spent doing other things. (writing *cough*)  I'm saying goodbye to all the people that I rather wish never existed. I'm saying goodbye. I'm leaving behind all of those things. 

And I'm saying hello. 

Hello, to all the things in my future. Hello to all my new friends. Hello to uni next fall, and hello to the next 10 years of my life devoted to medical schooling. I'm excited. I'm anxious to see what happens. I can't wait. 2017 might not be my year either, but I am going to make it the best I can. 

Perhaps it's childish to wish for things to be perfect, to want nothing more than quiet evenings after work sitting by a fire drinking coffee. I have a gypsy soul. I am going to travel. I'm not dwelling on what is behind me, all I have is what is in front of me. 

I'm saying goodbye to this past year, and hello to all the years to come. 

Have a Merry Christmas, my friends. I wish you all the very best. I will do my own best to write more on here, but no guarantees. Sometimes it's easier to embrace a messy life than to work around a messy life.

Bonjour! Nouveau départ. Maintenant ou jamais.
(Goodbye! Fresh Start. Now or never.)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top