9.09.2018

Choosing Life, Love, and Joy



I wrote a blog post a few months ago titled, I Hope There are Days When... 

I've been thinking a lot about this concept of choosing to live life to its' fullest, choosing to love Jesus and yourself on a daily basis, and honestly, purely, and gracefully choosing joy. 


It's only week two into my freshmen year of college and my brain hurts. I feel like I have a constant headache. From thinking about my next assignment, quiz or test. From working out what feels like hundreds of math and chemistry problems. From trying to remember everything I read a week ago in Biology so I can preform the experiment just right (and because I forgot to review before class. Classic freshmen mistake). And y'all. Did I mention it's only week two? Third day of class I beat myself up for missing a quiz problem. Talk about no grace, my friends.

Literally, on my first day of school, the single, most terrifying thought crossed my mind: what if I can't do this? 

The truth is, I can't do it. Not alone. Not in my wildest dreams could I accomplish everything I want to without having the Lord by my side. He's already shown Himself in some amazing ways. Even before I stepped foot on campus. 

And I already know it's going to be hard. I never once expected it to come to me easily. But along anyone's journey, I know they lose hope and sight at one point in time or another. This isn't something new. This isn't a current generation mindset. Losing sight of what is at the end of the tunnel has been a thing since the beginning of time.

1 Peter 5:10 -- "But the God of all grace, who hath called us into his eternal glory by Christ Jesus after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen and settle you."

Choosing Life:

I'm not talking about choosing to just live life. While that is important, I'm talking about living to your absolute fullest. Choosing to look at the beautiful. Choosing to stop for a moment and breathe. Choosing to freaking live! I'm talking about dancing while you're listening to music, loving the small moments, and taking the difficult moments one step at a time. I don't believe life is about waiting until the end of the tunnel to see the light. I believe in making your own light as you make your way down the tunnel. Because Jesus is that light, and He shines through you, my darling. 

It's the small things. It's the things that feel insignificant that are actually magnificent. God wants to see you succeed in His will. So count your successes along the way. Count the good. Make light along this "dark" tunnel called life. 

Choosing Love:

Love. Jesus. Yourself. Others.

I honestly think the hardest of those things above is loving yourself. I honestly believe self-love is difficult for a lot of people. We are the hardest on ourselves. We tend to give grace to everyone else except ourselves. This is constant struggle for myself, and I know it's can be a constant struggle for the majority of people.

When first you love Jesus, then the love of Jesus can shine through you to love others, and to love yourself. Then through this love, there is a joy, and there is grace.

1 Corinthians 13:13 -- "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."

Choosing Joy:

This perhaps is the hardest of them all...

Because ultimately, learning to live life to its' fullest, then learning how love yourself, and Jesus, and others, this produces Joy.

Worry, stress, anxiety... I've been there. Y'all, I'm there all the time. I've been down that dark tunnel that feels suffocating and like there's no hope. Joy is something you literally got to wake up and purpose for on a daily basis. This is something that you have to wake up and say, "I'm going to be joyful today. TODAY, I choose joy." Because the storms never stop. There hope always seems to fade off into the abyss of this thing called life. Dear, you can't let life -- Satan -- still your joy. You can't let the Devil dictate your happiness. Because ultimate Joy comes from Above. It comes from our Heaven Father. He wants nothing more than to see you joyful in Him.

Girl -- or guy -- put on that smile! It's a new day that the Lord has made. Truly, truly, the most beautiful thing is seeing joy -- is having joy.

Phillipians 4:4 -- "Rejoice in the alway: and again I say, Rejoice."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top